A Program Designed to Maximize Your Potential
Our program teaches cutting and coloring from REDKEN’s cosmetology school’s curriculum, makeup, manicures, pedicures, acrylic nails, basic facials, and the art of hairdressing combined with business strategies and training in guest services.
Skills You Will Learn
- REDKEN-infused styling, cutting and coloring techniques
- Business planning and communications skills for a well rounded education
- Classroom sizes of less than 20 per class to encourage your creativity and promote better learning
- Training with guests, providing you salon type experiences
- Contacts with salons to help you get your career started
Some Common Questions
How long is this program?
This is a 12 month program (1,800 class hours.) Classes run Tuesday through Saturday with varying hours.
When can I enroll?
TSPA Grand Junction offers enrollment the following dates for 2018:
- July 17, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- October 30, 2018
- November 6th, 2018
- January 15, 2019
Not sure if this is for you? That’s OK! Consider coming in for a tour of the property and seeing what it’s all about.
Do I need prior experience with cosmetology?
No! Our Students come from all walks of life, all ages, and all professional backgrounds. What makes our program so great is our expert staff are capable and experienced with teaching the required skills to a variety of learning styles.
What will be my career opportunities?
With the right training, you could begin a career sharing your skills with a clientele in a salon or spa, own your own salon or spa one day or become an educator and inspire others to enter into the beauty business. You could choose to enter into the fashion industry as a makeup artist or stylist. Perhaps your dream is to work behind the scenes in a movie, on a Broadway play, at a fashion show or perhaps as a photo makeup artist/stylist. Reach for the stars, because whatever your dream may be, a career in beauty can take you there.
Here are a few of the career options with Cosmetology:
- Salon Owner/Salon Manager
- Work on a Cruise Ship or at a Resort
- Sales Consultant
- Platform Artist/Educator
- Beauty Writer/Magazine Editor
- Wig Specialist
- Hair for TV, Movies, or Theater
- Beauty Advisor/Retail
- Develop a Product Line
- Session Stylist
- Cosmetology School Educator
- Beauty Business Consultant
Let’s Get Started
Are you ready to to find out more about a new career at TSPA-GJ? That’s awesome! We’re excited to have you join us. Click the button below to get started.
Want to talk to someone now? Feel free to text questions to 970.245.1110 or send us an email.